Home And Office Ergonomic Chairs For Better Health
What is an ergonomic chair?As the name suggests, the ergonomic chair is based on the theory of "ergonomics" and is mainly designed for computer office workers. The ergonomic chair effectively helps us correct our sitting posture and protects our waist, shoulders, and neck health.
The ergonomic chairs are generous in design, unique, stylish, and lightweight. It is widely used in modern homes, entertainment, Internet cafes, hotels, leisure, meeting rooms, and office computer desks.
What is a good sitting posture?
Poor sitting posture can cause physical pain and reduce work efficiency. So what kind of sitting posture is correct?
- Sit on a chair with the knee joint at an angle of about 90 degrees. At this time, the thigh and knee are in the same horizontal position, and the thigh is parallel to the floor. The feet can be placed flat on the floor.
- The arm droops naturally, and the armrest of chair can support the elbow to maintain 80~100Â° (90Â° is the best).
- The waist and back are close to the supporting chair back.
- When sitting down, you should be able to maintain a neutral spine, with your eyes and the computer on a horizontal line.
- The distance between the eyes and the screen is 50-70cm. The first line of characters on the screen is about 3cm below the line of sight.
What are the effects of ergonomic chairs on sitting posture?
Ergonomics desk chairs mainly regulates fatigue from the following aspects:
1. Head: The height and rotation of the headrest can be adjusted, allowing the user's cervical spine to fit the headrest naturally, standardizing the sitting posture of the sitting person, and resisting office enjoyment. The best position is when the height of the headrest fully supports your cervical spine.
2. Chair back: The best support position for the waist is the third and fourth spine. The entire computer chair back can be adjusted in height, which can easily meet the needs of different users and reduce most of the human body weight carried by the lumbar vertebrae.
3. Lumbar support: Separate movable lumbar support, the resilience is concentrated on the movable lumbar support, giving the user the closest propping up. The active lumbar support relaxes and fits the entire lower back comfortably to the lower back by adjusting the curvature, so that the back vertebrae are relaxed, thereby relieving the fatigue of the back vertebrae.
4. Armrest: Adjust the height and angle of the armrest to make the transition between the hand and the table smoother and prevent the mouse hand from being generated.
A good ergonomic chair should have a mandatory corrective effect on bad posture and make it easier to maintain a natural posture. Therefore, among the various designs of office mesh chairs, the function and design of the chair back and the waist support device are the most critical.
Contemporary Office Ergonomic Chairs Designs
When you go to work, having a comfortable chair can improve work efficiency; when you are relaxing at home, having a good computer chair can also make yourself more relaxed.
The principle of the ergonomic chair is to provide support for the waist, shoulders, and buttocks through the support system of the chair, so that the lumbar spine can naturally stand up while maintaining a sitting posture. The central fulcrum of the office chair can be distributed between the ischium and the thigh, allowing the spine to maintain a normal curve as much as possible. This is to reduce the pressure on the lumbar spine and ensure health.
Norpel offers great designs and high end quality Ergonomic Seatings. You can customize the chair functions you need.
How To Choose An Ergonomic Chair?
The ergonomic chair gets its name because it is a chair invented based on the theory of "ergonomics", which can support the whole body and is extremely comfortable.
So what should we pay attention to when choosing an ergonomic chair?
1. Headrest of office chair
The headrest is an important part of an ergonomic office chair. The function of headrest is to alleviate the diseases on the human cervical spine, and it is undoubtedly the gospel for those people who are used to taking a nap. The adjustment of the headrest can be divided into lifting, angle, front and rear adjustment. In terms of air permeability, mesh material is better than sponge, but sponge comfort is better.
2. Lumbar support of ergonomic computer chair
The lumbar support is the most important part of the ergonomic mesh chair, and it is also an important part of whether you can lean back and support your lumbar spine. Generally can be divided into up and down adjustment and front and back adjustment. Among them, the lifting adjustment is more common, and the front and rear adjustment is relatively rare. Some ergonomic chairs will have a split back design.
Best selling ergonomic computer chair model YS-0817H
3. Armrest of the chair
Under normal circumstances, adjustable armrests are very common in ergonomic chairs. Generally, lifting armrests are mostly used, and linkage armrests generally appear in high-priced gears. The larger the adjustment range of armrest, can better adapt to the height of the table.
4. Seat Cushion
The seat cushion can generally be divided into sponge and net cloth in terms of material. It is recommended to choose sponge for weight higher than 75 kg, and mesh material for less than 75 kg. In terms of air permeability, mesh fabric is better than sponge. Some ergonomic chairs will add a seat depth adjustment to suit different body types, and ergonomic chairs with seat depth adjustment will have better comfort.
5. Back of the chair
The back of the chair is the soul of the entire ergonomic chair. The biggest difference between an ergonomic chair and an ordinary office chair is its back. Whether a chair's back is comfortable or not depends on the material it uses, its fit with the human spine, and the way it adjusts its tilt. A good chair back can help people get the ultimate relaxation when they are tired.
Seven Things You Should Ask Before Your Buy An Ergonomic Chair
1. Gas springA good office chair gas spring can be durable and safe. Does the gas spring pass SGS, Bifma or Tuv certificates?
2. Lumbar support- Is the lumbar support of the ergonomic reclining chair supportive enough?
- Dose it be adjusted up and down, or front and rear?
3. Backrest- Does the back of the chair cover your back well?
- Is it having good air permeability? Mesh ergonomic chair is better than fabric, fabric better than leather.
- Does the ergonomic office chair have reclining function?
- Dose the chasis of chair has multi angle adjustment to ater for different needs?
4. Seat padding- Does the seat have good resilience and deformation resistance? This affects the hip support.
- How soft is the chair? This affects the thigh support.
5. Arm- Does the armrest have up and down, front and rear, and rotation adjustment functions?
- What's the material of the armrest? PU is better than PP plastic.
6. Headrest- Does the headrest have up and down, front and back, or elastic adjustment?
- Do I need headrest or not? Most of ergonomic chair has headrest and no-headrest version.
7. Leg and castor of the chair- What's the material of the chair leg? Normally ergonomic chairs are using five-star leg. For strength and durability, aluminum alloy is better than chromed steel, chromed steel better than nylon.
- The castor material? PU or nylon? PU castors are sound-proof and has long service life.
Last but not least, what is your budget for ergonomic chairs? The more functions, the better the material, the higher the price.
Hope you find your favorite ergonomic chairs in NORPEL FURNITURE.
Want to Know More? (Ergonomic Chairs Office Chairs)
Whatsapp/Wechat: +86 159 8619 2421
» Home And Office Ergonomic Chairs For Better Health
A modern ergonomic office chair can keep body in correct and comfort posture. Chairs in mesh, leather, fabric, high...
» How to Choose A Good Banquet Chair?
3 Things to Know About Buying Banquet Chairs.
- » The Furniture Decoration of Nail Salon
» Custom Made Your Own Stainless Steel Partition & Screen
As an important part of interior furniture, stainess steel divider is generally displayed in the obvious position of...
» What's The Price Of Dining Room Chair In Norpel?
What is a dining room chair? How much is the price of a dining chair? How much is the cost of the dining room chair?