For solid wood dining room furniture, what's the good materials?
What are the common materials of dining room furniture?Solid wood commonly used for furniture includes: pine, beech, birch, manchurian ash, white ash, oak (including red oak and white oak), elm, black walnuts and so on.
What are the differences between the materials?
1. Manchurian ash.The cutting surface of manchurian ash plate is very even and smooth. There is no color difference and the wood is not easy to rot, with good water resistance function. With easy coloring feature, the manchurian ash has strong viscosity of paint, and not easy for paint-shedding. In dry places, the aging degree is very small. So it has a longer service life.
Manchurian ash y chair
2. OakThe oak growth ring is obvious, slightly wavy, and mountain-shaped. Red oak is partial pink, while white oak is light yellow. They don't have too big different. Oak is characterized by not only beautiful texture, light and elegant color, but also heavy hardness, straight texture, thick structure, high mechanical strength and wear resistance. But oak wood is not easy for drying, sawing and cutting. Oak patterns also have the difference between straight lines and transverse lines. Straight lines are better, and the price is also a little more expensive. White oak is mainly produced in Europe and North America, and red oak is widely distributed in the eastern United States.
3. BeechBeech wood is uniform and beautiful in texture, good hardness and impact resistantance. It is easy to bend under steam, and not easy to deform under drying. So it has good materialf to furniture processing, finishing and gluing. White beech wood is light pink, and heartwood is reddish-brown to brown after drying. If the plate cut of heartwood in the process, the it will have reddish-brown or brown stripes or ellipse.
Tulip chair with beech leg
4. BirchBirch has high mechanical strength and elasticity. And rings of birch are obvious. So birch furniture is smooth and wear-resistant, with clear pattern. Nowadays birch is mostly used in the construction, inlay fine work and the internal frames. Birch has good processability and smooth section, and it is good at paint and gluing performance. But Birch has high hygroscopicity and is easy to crack and warp when dried. So the indoor environment requirements can not be too dry for birch furniture.
Birch frame chair
5. AshAsh is mainly produced in Russia, North America and parts of Europe. It has a strong anti-decay function. And white ash is easy for processing and polishing. The appearance of ash furniture is beautiful and with high gloss. You can clearly see the neat and crisscross texture on the ash furniture. White ash has a relatively high material density, high strength and hardness. So the mechanical endurance of ash is very high. It's perfect for making furniture. Ash dining room furniture is not only good at normal use, but also suitable for collection.
White ash modern windsor armchair
6. Walnut.Mostly black walnuts. Walnut is mainly produced in North America. There are often irregular dark stripes, obvious growth rings, straight or irregular texture. The structure is slightly thicker and the wood is hard. Therefore, walnut has high strength, good impact toughness, high compressive strength and good flexural properties. Walnut wood carving performance is good, and not only easy to be used for manual and mechanical processing, but also easy to cutting and planing. The planing of walnut is very smooth.
Walnut Katakana chair
Pine has a pine aroma, light yellow color. The texture of pine is clear and beautiful, and the lines are smooth. But the texture is soft, easy to expand, cracking and deformation. Pine wood because of the soft texture, so if the occurrence of bumps will be easier to leave a trace. So we Norpel don't use pine to make our dining room furniture. However the price of pine is relatively cheap.
These are the wood we often use in dining room furniture. If you need to know more, please contact us.
Articles you might be interested in:
How to Choose A Suitable Dining Chair? - 8 Tips For You
» How do we choose the living room lounge chair? - Tips
The living room lounge chair, same like sofa, is an important part of the living room furniture. How do we choose the...
» How to choose the tables and chairs for a small restaurant?
There are many small restaurants on the market now, most of which are fast food restaurants. Because of their small...
» Unusual Industrial Style Restaurant Tables and Chairs
The tables and chairs of western restaurants on the market can be divided into three categories according to their...
» What's the difference between booth seating and regular restaurant sofa?
The sofa used in the restaurant can be divided into two kinds: restaurant sofas and restaurant booths seating. What...
» For solid wood dining room furniture, what's the good materials?
Solid wood dining room furniture is using natural and environmental friendly material, which become the first choice...